Every step we take together is on the path toward elder justice.
The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) is excited to announce our third annual virtual awareness walk, Walk for WEAAD (World Elder Abuse Awareness Day)!
Let’s build a national elder justice movement, through movement
Registration is NOW OPEN! Walk for WEAAD begins May 1st, the first day of Older Americans Month, and runs through June 15th, WEAAD.
How to participate:
- Go to https://walk4weaad.thrives.app/login.
- Register for Walker Tracker, create your profile, and start tracking your activity online or on the Walker Tracker app.
- Join a team at registration (The “WEAAD Team” is open to all!), or create a team with colleagues, friends, or family after you register for the campaign.
- Wear purple clothing or ribbon or create signs to honor survivors of elder abuse and raise awareness of WEAAD.
- Walk, run, or do any other activity to show your support for WEAAD. And we do mean any other activity. Walker Tracker converts Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) recommended activities into step counts, so we can count every step we are collectively taking to advance elder justice.
- Invite others to participate in Walk for WEAAD and be part of the movement to prevent and end elder abuse.
Follow NCEA on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram and share your posts using the hashtag #Walk4WEAAD or #WEAAD. For questions about the campaign, contact the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions about the platform, contact the Walker Tracker support team at email@example.com or click the “Question mark” button in the lower right-hand corner of your program dashboard on the desktop or mobile app.
Get the WALKER TRACKER app or log your activities online.